The latest release from Bolzoni Auramo is the stainless steel coated fork tynes which are perfect for the spark free areas
The stainless-steel-cladded forklift forks are the best option for areas that must be kept spark free. These areas include explosive environments where paint, chemicals and explosives are handled.
These forks are also a great choice for food preparation areas for hygiene purposes and when you need to avoid risk of spark generation due to rubbing between similar metal materials (i.e. between fork steel and the load steel) or rusty and light metals (i.e. between rusty fork and an aluminium or magnesium load).
Bolzoni Auramo cladded forks are covered under all the relevant Australian Standards with AISI 304 L stainless steel as indicated by UNI EN 1127-1 regulation (6.4.4 paragraph) and are manufactured to be used in Category 2 and 3 of European Directive 94/9/CE.
The forks are also equipped with a certificate, that testifies the execution by the rule book of the cladding and the quality of the material.
The Production Process
- Before starting with the coating all the edges are eliminated from the outer perimeter of the forks and the painting is removed from the tip and back side. These are the areas where the coating is anchored.
- The stainless steel plates to be applied on the forks are prepared; the standard thickness is 2 mm but even a special 3 mm thick plate on request can be used. The plates are bended according to the fork’s geometry and they are then applied on the surface, so that the load surface is perfectly smooth and bald, without obtruding elements and without being influenced by welding processes, that could compromise the features and properties of the material.
- A reinforcement stainless steel plate is realized to be welded under the heel of the fork.
- The plates and the heel reinforcement are then welded on the forks with TIG welding; the standard plate covers the forks till 20 cm height of the back side (possible full back side coating on request).
- All the surfaces are perfectly polished, in order to grant a smooth contact with the load.
- An accurate check is moved forward to ensure the total lack of breaking areas in the coating.
Bolzoni Auramo Steinless Steel Cladded Forks Advantages
- The geometric and chemical properties of the original forks are kept completely unaltered.
- Excellent resistance to corrosion thanks to the quality of the material and thanks to the fact that all the loading surfaces are not interested and influenced by welding processes.
- The internal surface of the fork (the surface under the coating) is protected by the painting, which has not been undermined by the temperature raising.
- The reinforcement plate applied on the lower part of the fork’s heel grants a sensible reduction of the coating wear in this critical area; when worn out it’s possible to replace just the heel reinforcement plate.
- The perfect load surface finishing avoids the risk of scraping and the detaching of coating parts.
- The certification testifies the quality of the material and all the specific production processes.
- Special 3 mm stainless steel plate thickness (instead of 2 mm);
- Back height fully coated and covered (instead of standard 20 cm of the back height);
- Coating for food and beverage environment with AISI 316 L, the best quality of stainless steel.
If you are interested in a quote contact Bolzoni Auramo direct or talk to your local forklift dealer
5309 total views, 1 today