The majority of forklifts are owned and operated by Businesses, they are a work tool. Even most farmers will have a old forklift out in the shed that will help them lift things when needed.
But it’s the use of the forklift, not the ownership that provides profit and the best return on your overall investment. Sometimes rental programs will provide the benefit your business needs, but avoids the time consuming responsibilities of ownership and maintenance support.
Most forklift dealers will talk to you about the many cost effective benefits that a fleet management program can provide for your business.
We wanted to take a look some things to consider when you are looking at rental of a forklift.
Your forklift dealer can purchase your existing fleet of forklifts and provide replacement units where required and rent back the remainder, as well as progressively upgrading your rental in the future.
Free’s Up capital
Capital investment can be directed into profitable “core” business activities, rather than having it tied up in capital intensive non-profit making support systems.
Single monthly charge
Its fully tax deductible – It normally includes all regular services, breakdowns, travelling time, labour and parts provided by a team of experienced mechanics and gas fitters.
Improved reliability and Efficiency
This is achieved with a new modern fleet eliminating operating and downtime costs associated with aged equipment.
No “hidden costs” associated with ownership
Elimination of administration and management times and costs involved in organizing service and repairs, sourcing and holding parts, processing paperwork, lengthy machine downtime, obsolescence and ultimate disposal of old or inefficient equipment.
Flexibility and future needs
Fully maintained rental forklifts assure the user will achieve peak efficiency of materials handling tasks at all times. Additional casual units can be provided to satisfy peak seasonal needs. Rental offers the user the “best years” of machine life. Owning equipment means capital is locked into forklift trucks which may become obsolete, inappropriate to changing needs and may require replacement before they can be fully depreciated.
Support from your Dealer
Look to partner with a solid provider, don’t be afraid to ask them for references.
And here’s the some benefits to looking at renting your forklift fleet :
- It helps expand you business and conserve your Cash Resources.
- Frees management to get on with the business that they know and manage best
- Being and operating expense, RENTAL payments are fully tax deductible
- Off Balance sheet accounting
- Save your capital for high return opportunities
- It is the use of equipment not Ownership that produces the best return on investment
- Rental ensures you are not locked into obsolete purchased equipment
- Rental allows you to benefit from new technology
- Rental provides flexibility to cater for unforeseen future requirements
- Rental is inclusive of all equipment maintenance, rental plan management and administration
- Payment is made as value and service are provided
- Minimize RISK Through RENTAL
- Consistent and reliable national services support